Thursday, November 28, 2013

Is There Really Life at Bala?

Most of us like to rely on our own eyes and ears for solid evidence.

With all of the opinion going around out there regarding Bala Beach Resort, I thought I would share with you what I saw and what I heard while visiting Bala Beach Resort.

I am a purchaser. The goal of this past visit (November 13, 2013 - 25 November 2013). was to 1) determine that the resort was in useable condition with proof of owner-occupation and to finalize the purchase transaction and get my keys for my apartment.

I stayed with an owner in building one for 4 days. Their condo did not include the furnishing package. They did a very nice job of furnishing it themselves. I will discuss what it is like to stay at the resort in the next blog.

What I saw:
While there, there were two apartment owners in the process of closing staying at the resort. Both are purchasers in building two and one of them is myself. There was an owner (closed) staying in building one, full time for several months. There were owners of an apartment in building two who were staying for a shorter term and would return for a second stay later this winter. There were owners or their guests staying for the weekend in a different condo in building one. There was a third apartment in building one with owner's furniture visible where the owners had stayed on several weekends but were not there while I was there.

In short, the resort is no longer totally vacant. It was very exciting to meet other apartment owners for the first time. They were very friendly and interesting people - the kind of people I would like to hang around with.

We (the owner/purchasers of 3 different apartments) even traveled together on a day trip to a local island to swim and snorkel. I will be talking about this in a future blog.

While there, every morning except Sunday, maintenance staff would begin working to keep the buildings and grounds clean. Building 1 had been painted and re-painting on building two was underway.

the restaurant was not open, but I could see equipment that was not there on my last visit. The beach had been worked on, but was not the white sand beach as promised. I walked on the beach and it was still very nice.

Here is a picture of my new Bala friends. Faces are blacked out as a courtesy to their right to privacy. This is the really cool glass wall in the pool and it is a fantastic place to take pictures. I hope that other owners and purchasers will be able to visit the project and stay if possible for at least a few days to discover life at Bala.





No comments: